The Charleswood Hawks of the Manitoba Major Junior Hockey League would like to invite you to our 2020 fall training camp. If you believe you are capable of playing in the MMJHL based on our knowledge of your hockey skills and abilities the Hawks staff would love to see you at this year’s try-outs.
The Charleswood Hawks organization is renowned for icing competitive, hardworking, championship teams. We have won the MMJHL Championship 16 times and are looking at reloading for a run at 17th title. We feel you have the potential to contribute to achieving that goal.
The camp will take place at the Eric Coy Arena located at 535 Oakdale Drive. Due to the pandemic we have yet to schedule this year’s training camp. The registration fee is $110.00. For your convenience, when our full schedule is finalized, we will send that out as well. If there is a change, you will be notified, or you can check it out on the Hawk’s web site.
Please remember that this is not a conditioning camp to get into shape! The onus is on you toarrive in top physical and mental condition so you can perform at your best and the coaches can evaluate your performance fairly.
As a result of graduation, school and work commitments, there are a number of openings available on this year’s squad. We are looking for high caliber players committed to playing on a championship team. Please consider this an exciting hockey opportunity for yourself. We look forward to seeing you at this year’s camp. Should you have any questions regarding the Hawk’s program or training camp, PLEASE feel free to call any of the Charleswood Hawk personnel listed below.
|Tim Scharer||General Manager||204-291-6864|
|Adam Rath||Assistant G/M||204-292-0469|
The Charleswood Hawks are very proud to announce that their Captain, Spencer Ferbers, has been selected for the MMJHL’s 1st All Star Team.
Wait – It Gets Even Better
Spencer will also be awarded the George Cadzow Trophy for the league’s Outstanding Defenceman!
And that’s how you end a junior hockey career!
CONGRATS FERBS ! ! !
March 18, 2020
Good Morning All. By now you are aware that Hockey Manitoba/Hockey Canada have cancelled the 2019-2020 season due to the ongoing concerns and spread of COVID-19.
All City of Winnipeg rinks are having the ice removed and arenas will be closed until further notice.
The MMJHL has as social responsibility to respect what is going on in our communities as we want to keep our players, management, support staff and fans safe for the spread if the COVID-19 virus.
I was on a Hockey Manitoba conference call last night and here are some quick notes…
- The language in the beginning went from suspended to postponed to cancelled.
- All Hockey Canada and Hockey programs are cancelled.
- This all started with the World Women’s championship in Halifax
- Last Wednesday was the beginning of sports being cancelled across North America with the NBA postponing their season followed on Thursday with the NHL putting their season on “pause”.
- Last Thursday March 12th marked the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Manitoba
- March 12, Hockey had a conference call in the morning, and all was still a go, then in the early evening they had a second call with their first action, and sent out a letter to their Membership (including the MMJHL) at 7:20 p.m. (Vic’s, Twins and officials were ready to go plus the fans were in the building).
- March 13 Hockey Manitoba sent a memo to all Members cancelling the season. Lots of questions have been flowing into Hockey Manitoba asking questions and wanting clarification. (hence the reason for the conference call with the league reps. last night).
- There is a Hockey Canada meeting April 15th. Might be a remote conference call. TBD.
- Hockey Manitoba will have an update on their AGM next week.
- Hockey Manitoba wants meeting to be done remotely if possible or limit the size of the gathering.
- All future events on hold until further notice.
- Decision looking way out to next season has not been determined.
- Hockey Manitoba personal will all be working remotely, and the Hockey Manitoba is closed.
I would like to thank our Membership for their patience during this trying time. We will provide all updates as they become available. As a note, at the same time the conference call on last night our executive met, and those notes will come out later from Renee. I was not in attendance as I was travelling in the US and must now stay home for 14 days.
Renee is building the agenda for the next meeting or conference call. Please send any items into Renee that you want added.
CC Renee for distribution