WHO WE ARE
The Charleswood Hawks are affiliates of the Manitoba Major Junior Hockey League (MMJHL) which was established 40 years ago. The Charleswood Hawks are the only remaining original team in this 10 team city league. Our players range in age from 18 to 21 years and are selected primarily from the APHA area and Lindenwoods (South West Winnipeg). Our players work within the community, running skills camps for young players; hosting the Rob West Tournament and generally making themselves available for hockey related activities. For the current hockey season we are led by:
“Win on the ice, in the classroom, and in the community through hockey.”
To offer a junior program for young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 who want to play a competitive level of hockey, while still attending post secondary education or working full time. The Charleswood Hawks program avoids the substantial time and financial commitment of other junior leagues.
– Promotes a competitive opportunity for elite players in this age group on a localized geographical basis.
– Promotes the continued improvement and development of skills and abilities of both players and coaches.
– Promotes sportsmanship and teamwork on and off the ice.
– Promotes community involvement through player participation in skills camps and the APHA tournament.
– Promotes the pursuit of excellence at the individual, team and organizational level.