The Charleswood Hawks are seeking an energetic individual to join our team as our Equipment Manager for the 2022-23 season. The equipment manager will coordinate the entire equipment area for the team with responsibilities including inventory, disbursement, cleaning, laundering, and maintenance. Extensive interaction with coaches, team staff, players, and other rink employees is required with this position. These responsibilities are for all practices and games.
Applicants should have a background in hockey coupled with strong organizational, time management, and communication skills. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and high school diploma.
- Ability to make effective equipment modifications
- Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, and other facility representatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, etc. equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
- Practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc…)
- Game Day set up in the home team dressing room
- In-season and post-season inventory of all hockey equipment, supplies, etc…
- Initiate development of contacts within the MMJHL for the purpose of becoming familiar different arena setups, and work to “network” with equipment manufacturer representatives and potential vendors
- Keep and maintain effective and accurate records
Please contact Reg George at email@example.com along with your resume and references.